Capital Gains Tax on Inherited Property: Essential Information and Reporting

We can solve your Capital Gains Tax problems, with ex-senior expert HMRC inspectors here to help to take the stress away from your tax worries.

We do everything for you, including filing returns and giving advice that may help to reduce the amount of tax that you owe.

Our guarantee to you - You will pay the lowest amount of tax possible, while complying with the law.

(Non-UK callers may need to call +44 207 101 3845 if you cannot connect to our 0800 number)

Tax Troubles? Contact us Today


Are you looking for advice on Capital Gains Tax when selling an asset which was previously inherited

Capital Gains Tax ("CGT") can be complex at the best of times. When you sell an asset that was received by way of a gift or inheritance, then things may not always be straightforward.

The good news is that, here at The Tax Faculty LLP, we are experts in helping those clients with the sale of properties and other assets that they inherited.

If you have sold, or are thinking of selling, an asset such as shares, a residential property or a commercial property that you received as part of an inheritance or a gift, then we can help you to make sure that any CGT that you may be liable to pay is reduced to the lowest possible amount - all within the legislation available.

Two clients contacted us recently as there was a question as to when a property actually came into their ownership following the death of their parents. Once we had taken all of the information and worked through the required CGT computations, we were able to use our extensive experience and expertise to make sure that the correct treatment was followed for CGT purposes.

To see if we can help you, why not contact us for a free consultation? Call us free on 0800 0016 878 or email us at for more information.

Please note, non-UK callers may need to call 0207 101 3845 if your line cannot connect to our 0800 number.

man writing on paper
man writing on paper

Our Services